Monday, August 30, 2010

Blueberries!


Get ready for the best blueberry muffins ever.  Yes, they really are the best.  My boyfriend and I both love blueberry muffins for breakfast, so I decided to make my own this time.  We got the blueberries at a local farm and orchard.  I looked around online and found a recipe that looked good, so I went for it.

Muffin Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened 
1 egg, beaten
2 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 cup butter

Start Cooking:
1.  Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
2.  In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter.  Then add the egg and mix.  
3.  In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Then add the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating with the milk.  
4.  Stir in vanilla, then fold in blueberries.  
5.  To make the topping, combine all dry ingredients and then cut in the the butter.  
6.  Spoon into greased muffin tins, or use paper liners.  Then sprinkle the topping evenly on the muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes.



Tips and Hints:
1.  Fresh blueberries are the best, but if it is out of season, or you don't have any, frozen blueberries will work.  
2.  Don't over mix!  Over mixing is the worst thing you can do to muffins!
3.  Can't eat them all before they go bad?  Freeze them!  
4.  They are best when served warm. 

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow I will be blogging my Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie recipe -- I just made it a few minutes ago!

    ReplyDelete