Sunday, August 29, 2010

Potatoes!

Before I get to the potatoes... I have decided that I need to be a more consistent blogger.  School is almost done for this term, so I will have some more time to blog.  And then school will start up again come end of September, and who knows what will happen then.  But I'm going to try!

Ok, so now to the potatoes.  I don't think that I've ever met someone who doesn't like potatoes.  My boyfriend and I both love them, and I'm always looking for new ways to cook with potatoes, just to spice it up a little bit.  I found a recipe in a cooking magazine for grilled potatoes with rosemary.  Well, we don't have a grill(yet).  So I changed the recipe around a little and made it work for roasting in the oven.  This recipe has fresh rosemary in it, and my boyfriend isn't much of a rosemary fan.  But he tried the potatoes and loved them, as did I.  This is the recipe from the local foods post.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound small new potatoes, or red potatoes.  DO NOT PEEL
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 sliced green onions(optional)

Start Cooking:
1.  Cut the potatoes in to quarters.  Then parboil in salted water until just tender.  You should be able to poke a fork into them easily.
2.  Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees and mix all remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
3.  Drain the potatoes and place in a baking dish.  Pour the oil mixture over the potatoes and make sure they are all evenly coated.  Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a little bit browned.


Tips and Hints:
1.  Fresh rosemary can be hard to find and is a little pricey.  The fresh herbs will make the best potatoes, but if you can't get them, use half the amount dried.
2.  I served the potatoes with chicken and green beans and it made a great complete meal!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment