Sunday, March 13, 2011

update

It has been months since I last posted.  My entire life has changed.  Momma A past away the end on January.  Life just hasn't been the same without her here.  My boyfriend of almost a year and a half and I have broken up.  I've been morning the loss of my momma and my love.  I am finally starting to move along and get one with life.  I have decided to live life for me.  I now have 2 African Claw Frogs in my family, who have yet to me named(I've only had them about a week, and I am still searching for the perfect names).  I have been cooking the food that I love.  I started going to yoga again.  I know life will never be the same without momma a, but I can try and make it the best life it can be.

One of the recipes that I made is my version of Vegetarian Chili


Ingredients: 
1 medium onion, chopped
carrots, chopped
white rice
kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
a few tablespoons tomato paste
frozen corn
chili seasoning, to taste
1/2 cup water

Directions:
1.  This recipe is all about chili the way I like it, so feel free to play around with it.  I like lots of rice in my chili and I don't like it really soupy.  I also don't like it very spicy.  You can adjust the recipe to your own taste.
2. Cook about 1/2 cup(dry) white rice.  Meanwhile, cook the chopped onions and carrots in a small sauce pan over medium heat until they are tender.
3. In a large pot, or your crock pot, combine all ingredients.  Stir so everything is well mixed and cook over medium heat until everything is heated through.
4. Serve warm with shredded cheese on top.

Tips and Hints:
1.  I always make a big batch so I have left overs.  The left overs also freeze very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment