Friday, March 18, 2011

comfort food

Still missing momma a so much.  trying to find my way without her, without anyone.  i've been trying to find comfort in the little things.  I've always loved Italian food, and lasagna is one of my favorites.

Ingredients:
lasagna noodles
ricotta cheese
mozzarella cheese
1 egg
pasta sauce
tomato paste
Italian seasoning

Start Cooking:
1.  Cook the lasagna noodles as directed on the box.  Drain and rinse with cold water.
2.  In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1 egg and italian seasoning until it is well combined.
3.  In another bowl mix the pasta sauce with a few table spoons of tomato paste.
4.  Spread enough of the tomato sauce mixture on the bottom of a baking dish to thinly cover the bottom.  Then place a layer of cooked noodles.  Spread some of the cheese mixture, then cover with a layer of sauce and noodles.   Continue layering until you reach the top or the baking dish.
5.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until lightly browned on top.

Tips and Hints:
1. I place my baking dish on a cookie sheet.  It's easier to lift and incase anything spills over, it won't get the oven dirty :)
2.  I normally serve my lasagna with salad or cooked veggies.  If you like, you can put veggies in your lasagna.  I do not eat meat, but you can add meat if you like.  Just brown some ground beef in a fry pan and layer with the cheese in the lasagna.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment