Monday, June 7, 2010

Pizza Poppers

I love pizza.  It's probably my favorite food.  Next to tacos.  So today, I made my own pizza poppers.  I found this recipe from Pillsbury, but didn't like some stuff, so I changed it to make it better!  I'm posting my version of the recipe.

Ingredients:
Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits(as many as you want)
1 inch cubes of mozzarella cheese(one for each biscuit)
2 tablespoons melted butter
Italian seasoning, to taste
Pizza sauce for dipping

Start Cooking:
1.  Heat oven to 375 and grease pan(any size that will fit all your pizza poppers)
2.  Separate biscuits and press flat so they are about 2-3 inches.  Put 1 cheese cube on each biscuit and pull dough around cheese, shaping into a ball.

  3.  Roll in melted butter and place in baking pan.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.


4.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.



I had mine for lunch, with pizza sauce for dipping and a salad for a complete meal.  Very yummy and the boyfriend said to make them again :)


Hints and Tips:
1.  Make sure you WELL grease the pan... mine stuck.
2.  Stuff the biscuits with pepperoni or sausage for you meat eaters out there.
3.  Money saving tip:  there are often coupons for refrigerated Pillsbury products.  I found one that was $1 off 3 refrigerated dough products.  Unless you a making a ton of pizza poppers, buy the little cans with 6 biscuits each for $0.55 each.  With the coupon, you will pay $0.65 for 18 biscuits, which turn into 18 pizza poppers!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment