Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Pork Dinner

I decided to go to yoga for the first time in a long time(too long a time).  My yoga class was from 5:30p-6:45p, right over dinner time.  So I decided to throw something in the slow cooker to have ready for dinner when I got home.  I had some pork, potatoes, and carrots and made up a great dinner.  I was inspired by a roasted potato recipe that I made a while back.

Ingredients:
Pork, whatever cut you like, however much you want to make
2 cups new potatoes, cut in half
1 cup carrots, cut into bite size pieces
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
4 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary 
salt and pepper to taste

Start Cooking:
1.  In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. 
2.  Put everything in the slow cooker and cook on high for about 2 and a half hours.  Or on low for twice the time.  


Tips and Hints:
1.  I made extra to use for lunches and for the rest of the week.  
2.  This also freezes really well.  


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment