Friday, December 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

Ok, so I really love pumpkin.  But I don't like pumpkin pie, it's too mushy.  I also love chocolate.  At a bake sale a few years ago I tried pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the first time and they were amazing.  Not sure why I waited until now to try making them for myself.   Yes, pumpkin is normally a fall food.  But I figured since we are having warm weather here, why not make some pumpkin treats in december?  I browsed a bunch of websites and cook books and found a recipe that I liked online.  I added a few things to it though.  I will post my version of the recipe here.  Warning: this recipe makes a TON of cookies.

Ingredients: 
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pice spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 can(15 or 16 ounce) pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips

Start Cooking: 
1.  Heat over to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.  Put all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl and mix on medium speed until well blended.  Fold in chocolate chips.
First time using my new stand mixer!  
3.  Spoon cookies onto baking sheets.  Bake for about 12-13 minutes, until edges begin to brown.  

finished cookies!  
4.  Cool for a minute on the baking sheet then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.  Store in air tight container.  

Tips and Hints:
1.  Do not over bake; the cookies will turn out dry and hard(icky).  
2.  Why line the baking sheets with parchment paper?  The cookies will not stick and it makes clean up easier.  

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment