Sunday, December 4, 2011

Easy Stromboli

We all know that I love Italian food.  I also love simple easy cooking.  I was browsing Pinterest and found a recipe for stromboli.  It looked really yummy and easy to make, but I didn't like all the ingredients they used.  So I made my own version.  The best thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever ingredients you want.  I will give you the ingredients that I used, feel free to adjust as you like.

Ingredients:
vegetable oil
1 medium, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Italian seasoning
traditional spaghetti sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
refrigerated pizza dough, in the tube

Start Cooking:
1.  Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.  Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle and place on cookie sheet.
3.  In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil and Italian seasoning.  Add the onions and peppers and cook until they are tender.
4.  Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the middle of the pizza dough.  Layer the onions and peppers on top of the sauce.  Then layer the cheese, topping it off with a little more sauce.

5.  Fold over the sides of the dough, covering up all the toppings.
6.  Bake until the dough is cooked, about 20 minutes.
7.  Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.  If you cut it before, the cheese and everything will run out.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. If you are a meat eater, add pepperoni to the layers. Or brown hamburger with the veggies.

    ReplyDelete