Monday, September 6, 2010

Favorite Fruits

Pears are my favorite fruit, always have been.  My wonderful boyfriend's wonderful mother gave us a ton of fresh pears.  
This is only about half of the pears.  I couldn't eat them all before they went bad, so my boyfriend suggested cooking something with them.  I pulled out some cook books and got online and started looking.  I found a few recipes that I liked that went along with what I had on hand.  I sort of put a few recipes together and came up with the one that I will share with you.  
The best part of this recipe:  my boyfriend wanted to cook with me!  We had a great time in the kitchen together.  Fun "date" thing for us to do together.  

Look at him peeling pears!

So here it is:  my pear crumble
Ingredients:
5 pears(or however many you have or wants)
1 tablespoon white sugar
5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons oats
4 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons chopped nuts 


the boyfriend got a picture of me

Start Cooking:
1.  Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees, grease baking pan.  Peel and slice pears and place in greased backing pan.  
2.  In a medium bowl, combine sugars, oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nuts.  Then mix in the melted butter.  
3.  Pour the topping mix over the pears in the baking dish, then mix in a little bit with the pears. 
4.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.  You will see that it is browning a little.  Serve warm. 
 
Tips and Hints:
1.  Serve warm.  This is also great with vanilla ice cream.
2.  Keep leftovers in the fridge.  
3.  If you are feeding a lot of people, double the entire list of ingredients.  Bake in a large, flat baking pan.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment