Friday, April 15, 2011

One Pot Meal

I love cooking, we all know that.  I love finding recipes, trying new foods, and sharing my findings.  But I hate cleaning up after cooking.  I hate dishes, and cooking creates lots of dishes.  So I set out to make a healthy complete one pot meal.  What I came up with was a pasta dish, all cooked in one pot.

Ingredients:
pasta, any style you like or have on hand
veggie chicken strips(or real chicken if you eat meat)
frozen veggies
tomato sauce
Italian seasoning to taste

Start Cooking:
1.  Use a large skillet with high sides and a lid.  Put pasta and enough water to cook the pasta in the large skillet.  Bring to a boil and cook until just under cooked.  Drain out extra water. Remove pasta from skillet.
2.  Add chicken to skillet and cook until done.  Then add the pasta back to the skillet.  Add tomato sauce, and frozen veggies.  Cover and cook until veggies are cooked and entire meal is cooked through.  Season to taste.  Serve with grated cheese, to taste.


Tips and Hints:
1.  Don't like chicken?  Or have another meat on hand?  Substitute ground beef, sausage, or other meats for the chicken.  
2.  This is a great meal to make up a big batch and serve a lot of people or have leftovers. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment